Whale Watching Cruises
Mid-February through Mid-May
Morning and afternoon trips daily.
Whale Watching aboard our 50’ Sailing Catamaran, the Double Dolphin, is a unique wildlife touring experience along the Santa Barbara coastline. Join us as we cruise with the Pacific Gray Whales, some of the largest creatures on the planet, on a two and half hour Whale Watching Excursion. This is offered twice daily mid-February through mid-May. We often encounter Sea Lions, Harbor Seals, Dolphins and coastal bird life.
Children & Infants (12 & Under): $45
- The Santa Barbara Channel is home to an incredible assortment of marine mammals, including over 30 different species of whales, dolphins, porpoises and pinnipeds.
- Offshore pelagic and coastal shorebirds flock to the channel and the offshore islands during migratory and nesting times year-round.
- During the Double Dolphin’s Whale Watch season, in addition to Sea Lions, Harbor Seals and Dolphins; we are viewing the most common whales sighted off the West coast of North America; the Pacific Gray Whale.
- Pacific Gray Whales reach about 49 feet in length, weigh approximately 90,000 pounds and can live over 75 years!
- The Gray Whale has one of the longest annual migrations of any mammal on the planet, averaging 10,000 miles round-trip Alaska to Mexico.
- Annually over 25,000 individual Gray whales pass through the protected coastal waters of Santa Barbara, California from mid-February through mid-May.
- The Santa Barbara Channel is where commercial Whale Watching was started, with sightings possible year-round. Whether aboard a public Whale Watching Excursion or private yacht for a multi-day Channel Islands Getaway, you are sure to receive a National Geographic worthy wildlife viewing experience of a lifetime!
Welcome Aboard — For Your Comfort & Safety
Dress in layers as it tends to be cooler on the water.
Wear comfortable, non-marking soled shoes.
Bring a camera, sunscreen, sunglasses and binoculars if you have them (especially for whale watching).
Motion sickness medication should be taken according to manufacturer’s direction.
There’s a bar on board for your convenience.
Attention: Bringing your own alcoholic beverages is NOT permitted on any Double Dolphin public cruises.
Michelle Sparkling Brut
$9 Glass | $27 Bottle
Folded Hills Lilly RosÉ
$15 Glass | $45 Bottle
Margerum Sauvignon Blanc
$13 Glass | $39 Bottle
$14 Glass | $42 Bottle
Justin Cabernet Sauvignon
$16 Glass | $48 Bottle
Firestone 805 $7
Dos Topas $7
Stella Artois $7
Hoppy Poppy $7
Hard Seltzer $6
Hard Kombucha $10
Soft Drinks $3
Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate $3
Kopu Sparkling Water $5
Santa Barbara Popcorn $6
Candies Pecans $6
Sweet & Spicy Nuts $6
Chips & Cookies $2
Ginger Chews $3
Santa Barbara Sailing Center Merch
Govina Glass $6
Floating Hat $32
Anchor Hat $22
Natural Motion Relief Patch (5) $36
Payment & Reservation Policy:
100% non-refundable payment is due at the time of booking. We accept all major debit/credit cards. We do not accept cash. Special rates apply July 4th.
Cancellation and House Credit Policies:
To receive house credit, advanced notice must be given by 4pm the day prior to your booking for the following:
- Private Double Dolphin Cruises
- Private Skippered Charters
- Prepaid Full Day Rentals
- Non-ASA Certification Courses (Introductory/Refresher lessons) and Guided SUP/Kayak Tours
A 7-day advanced notice for house credit is required for the following:
- Corporate Regattas
- Chef on the Water Cruises
- Liveaboard Instructional Vacations
- Multi-Day Skippered Charters
Full refunds for your private cruise are when the Captain and/or Manager make the call for cancellation one hour prior to your private trip departure. Inclement weather is defined as “sea and wind conditions that are deemed potentially unsafe.” Unfavorable conditions that do not pose any risk to boat safety (rain, fog, temperature, etc.) will still operate as scheduled. Cancellations made under “unfavorable conditions” by 4pm the day prior to booking will result in a house credit with no expiration date.
Although California State Law currently allows prescription cannabis to be legal, it is not legal while boating since the ocean is considered Federal Waters. All illegal drugs, as well as all forms of cannabis are not permitted on any boat for any reason or in any amount. The Charterer/Renter will be liable for the full value of the vessel, should anything happen to the boat, as well as loss of income.
Hard alcohol is not permitted aboard the Double Dolphin. Wine can be brought aboard the Double Dolphin for private charters; each bottle is subject to an $18 corkage fee. Beer (keg only) can be brought aboard private charters for a $150 fee.
Hard alcohol, beer, and wine are all permitted aboard Private Skippered Charters at no fee.
Infants count as a full passenger according to the U.S. Coast Guard.
Everyone participating in a paddle activity must be a strong swimmer. Please see website for total weight capacity. It is the renter’s responsibility to make sure the boat is not overloaded.
Catering Order Policy:
All catering orders are 100% non-refundable and must be placed at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled event. If the charter is cancelled for any reason, the catering order is non-refundable and available for pick-up.
Prices subject to taxes and fees. We accept major credit cards only. We do not accept cash.
Please arrive 20-30 minutes early to check in for your cruise.
Please Note: Reservations are required for all public cruises.