The Sailing Club
Making the Sport of Sailing Accessible to Everyone
Since 1967, The Santa Barbara Sailing Center Club has been awakening and cultivating the sailing spirit. From instruction and saving money on charters, to parties and seminars, flotillas and fireworks, it’s a community of fun on and around the water. With more than 40 boats, as well as a large staff with impressive sailing resumes, we will help you and your family plot an unforgettable course towards a lifestyle of cruising.
Award-Winning Sailing School
The Santa Barbara Sailing Center is also home to an Award-winning Sailing School, which has won the prestigious American Sailing Association School of the Year two years in a row. Our school offers every level of professional accreditation, as well as specialty programs such as Heavy Weather Tactics and Racing. Your confidence in yourself and the yacht to withstand heavy conditions will be unsurpassed after you experience sailing around the California Channel Islands.
We are committed to meeting all of your yachting needs
We look forward to having you make us your Port of Call soon.
We are very proud of the fact that we have numerous members that have remained with us since the early 1980s,
and continue to log in unbelievable experiences year after year.
Please stop by our facility for an onsite orientation, and let us show you what makes our club so unique.Schedule an Orientation Tour
On-the-Water Fun for the Whole Family
A Program with Something for Everyone
- Great low cost alternative to boat ownership.
- Enjoy the pleasure and excitement of sailing and let SBSC take care of maintenance etc.
- Substantial discounts off SBSC services and merchandise.
- Quick, priority reservations.
- Your family has access to over 40 boats in our program for discounted rates
- 25% discount on all rentals and charters.
- 25% off on all private charters with captain (6 passengers or less)
- 25% off all Double Dolphin private charters (25% discount also good for all bar sales, corkage fees, keg fee and cleaning fee for those that bring outside catering). Members are not extended the 25% discount for company outings, this is for personal use only. Members must be the host for all charters booked where membership discounts are applied.
- 25% off all sleep aboard accommodations (early board and late board)
- 25% off of merchandise
- Up to 70% savings by using Budget Busters (1/2 day rates on Catalina Cruising Yachts)
- Club Member Social Sails every Monday through Friday. (Spring/Summer at 4pm. & Winter/Fall at 3pm.) These reservations can be made online the day before at 5pm. You can experience affordable water time on J-24’s and Catalina Yachts (28′-50′) by joining this popular club member get-together. Cost is only $25 per member and $30 for guests. We can not always guarantee the size of the yacht you reserved. House credits can not be issued for cancellations.
- Access to a network of reciprocal sailing clubs throughout the world.
- Access to exclusive deals from local community and corporate partners throughout Santa Barbara.
- Access to the club house with a relaxing environment, great view, sailing magazines, nautical books and wireless internet.
- Exclusive invitations to club socials and special events.
- 25% off tickets aboard all Double Dolphin Public Cruises, including Specialty Cruises
- Members receive e-mails when there are last minute openings (Usually a 5 day notice) in an ASA 101, 103, 104 or 106 course. These heavily reduced tuition rates can be used as a refresher, or for a household family member to take the course for the first time. ASA 101 ($115), ASA 103 ($150), ASA 104 ($295), ASA 106 ($575)
- Discounted rate and waived initiation on unlimited Kayak and SUP membership.
Life Time Household Family Membership Initiation Fee: $588.00
Membership Dues: $35/Month
This is a one-time fee. Please look into one of our Instructional Packages which helps to eliminate the Membership Initiation Fee.
* Unpaid dues will result in cancellation of membership.
* Reactivation of membership requires payment of either current initiation fee or back dues, which ever is lower.
Automatic Bill Pay:
Automatic $35 monthly charge to your credit card on file
Prices are subject to a 12% Port Tax. CA State Tax may apply.